Are you tired of feeling like there’s not enough time in the day to get everything done? Are you constantly running around like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to juggle work, household chores, and everything in between? Well, my friend, you’re not alone. But, what if I told you that there are a few simple things you can do to make your life a whole lot easier? That’s right, I’m talking about those little luxuries in life that may cost a bit of money, but are well worth it in the long run. From meal delivery services to hiring freelancers, these “extras” can help you save time and make your life a whole lot more manageable. And, the best part is, I’ll show you how to find the extra money to fund these activities by making small changes to your lifestyle. So, grab a coffee and get ready to take back control of your time with me!
The following things are not free but they saved me so much time that they were well worth it. So before we jump in I do want to talk about how I found additional money for all of these. By making little changes to my lifestyle, I was able to get funding for these activities. I cut out my daily Starbucks latte and started making coffee at home. It saved me on average $200-$300/month (since I wouldn’t just buy a coffee but also breakfast or bakery items). I stopped getting gel nails done and got pedicures once a month. That was another $80/ month in savings. I cut down eating out to only 2-3 meals a week and mostly on the weekends. I cut any unnecessary subscriptions including streaming services (Netflix and Hulu) saving me about $50 a month. I started sharing some of those with my sisters so each of us only had to pay for one streaming service. I started using coupons. Anytime I shopped, I would simply search online for coupons before checking out. I saved a lot of money from just using coupons.
- Get a Meal Service- If you are like me, there were more and more things that need to get done and not enough hours in the day. And there is definitely no time to cook so my solution is to get prepared healthy meals delivered to your home. It does cost more than what you would have paid in groceries but when you factor in eating out and all the groceries that would go bad (because you forgot to use them in time), it does not feel like a huge cost. And this way you have a variety in your meals that is so hard to accomplish doing your own meal planning.
- Get your other groceries delivered- Want to save even more time? Get your toiletries and other groceries delivered to your home. You can now find most of everything on Amazon and you already pay a membership fee so might as well make use of it and buy your groceries online and have them delivered to the door. This way you don’t end up spending so much time at the store where things might be out of stock or hard to find. You’ll also save money long term as you’ll only buy what you need and not cave in to buying other things at the store.
- Sign up for a Wash & Fold service- If there is one household chore that I absolutely despise, it is doing laundry. It takes time to separate out colors and whites, do multiple loads and remember to fold them in time before they get wrinkled. I would sometimes forget my laundry in the washer and it would start to smell and have to re-wash it. So to save time and my sanity, I decided to sign up for a wash and fold service and have never looked back. The service I have does free pickup and delivery. It has changed my life.
- Get a monthly or bi-weekly cleaning service- I have a dog that’s super fluffy which means dog hair everywhere so I get the cleaning ladies to come on twice a month. Even, before I got married I did not have a pet but I could think of a bazillion things to do other than scrubbing toilets all day so I signed up for a monthly cleaning service. The day the ladies would come, I would put away things in their right places as well as pick an area of the house to re-organize. This way my house always looked immaculate and I found more hours in the day to get my stuff done.
- Hire freelancers from Upwork- Do you have a work project that you are dreading to even start? Or do you need some help with your side business or your full time business? Use someone on upwork. And before you think you have to be spending a fortune on this, let me tell you how cheap it can be. I’ve hired people in the Philippines/India for $5-$20/hour. There are some very smart and eager to learn people who will do the work that you need for much less than what you’d pay someone in the states to do. And since the cost of living is much less in those countries, they are making better wages than they would be if they worked locally doing the same jobs. It’s a win-win for both parties.